Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A day in the life of a nonprofit worker

1. What is your name, organization and job title (you don't have to give your name/organization if you don't want to- it can be anonymous)
Kristiana Kocis - I am a Major Gifts Officer for a very large, very old organization.

2. What is the first thing you do when you get in the office?
Look at my calendar to prioritize what I need to/want to get done that day. I then write them all down because I love crossing things off my list! Then it's e-mail, etc.

3. How do you spend your lunch break?
Lunch break? I'm not familiar with that phrase...could you please explain!

4. Which part of your work do you enjoy most?
Interacting with our donors and our clients. It's amazing to see how our organization has touched their lives. I have heard stories that have brought me to tears and stories that made me laugh - they're all different, but they're all heart warming.

5. Please finish this sentence: If someone wanted my job, they would have to…..
Give me enough start up money for my own non-profit, NextGen Fundraising!

6. What advice or tips do you have for other nonprofit professionals in your position?
Right now, I would remind people to not be a lemming and preach the doom and gloom of the economy. If you keep talking about how everyone else is running off the cliff, you will too. This is a time when you need to keep engaging your donors more than ever, but this is also a great time to try any fundraising ideas that may be sitting on the back burner. We have such an enormous opportunity to position our organizations to be powerhouses when the economy turns around - make sure you're one of those organizations!

If you are willing to be featured, please email me - kristen@advancementcompany.com

0 comments: